HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introduce yourself !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jérémy
Admin

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2005-11-11

PostSubject: Introduce yourself !   Fri 11 Nov à 22:32

Hello all !

I'm Jeremy. I'm 25, living right now in London but I'm originally French !

I discovered The Rebirth into musical blogs. I had the chance to see them performing live at the Jazz Cafe in London the 6th of August 2005. It has been a revelation for me ! The best live I've ever seen !

I decided to create this forum in order to gather all the worldwide fans of The Rebirth. Also that's a way to promote The Rebirth which has to be known for the exceptionnal music they play and their energy in live ! afro

Except The Rebirth, I'm a devoted fan of Jamiroquai, I love acid jazz, soul, funk, electro etc. I play the bass and the drums.

That's all for me guys !
Talk to you soon,
Jeremy

Last edited by on Wed 18 Jan à 4:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://therebirth.highforum.net
Saffy7

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2005-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Tue 15 Nov à 14:30

Hey everyone!

I'm Claire! I'm 19 years old and I live in the county of West Sussex, in the south of England.

I have known of The Rebirth for a little while now, thanks to Jeremy Wink I too was lucky enough to see them peform a live set at the Jazz Cafe in London during the summer...what a performance that was! I long to see them here in the UK again soon!

I hope that, with the creation of this wonderful forum, we will be able to unite fans from all around the world and spread the sound of The Rebirth to those it has not yet reached!

Welcome to the forum everyone...ENJOY! Very Happy

Claire.x.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StephenH

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2005-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Sat 26 Nov à 9:42

Hiya!

My name's Stephen, originally from Glasgow, now living in Reading - just west of London. I had heard of the Rebirth for about 6 months before I bought the album. I bought them album on the Saturday, and decided to be spontaneous and go see them live at Fruitstock in Regents Park on the Sunday. Man, was I blown away by that gig. I really wanted to go to the 2nd Jazz Cafe gig that night, but I had friends coming down so missed it Crying or Very sad

Still, it was a great day. Got a chance to speak to all the guys in the band, bought the t-shirt etc etc.

I'm also a big fan of EWF, Incognito, Jamiroquai, Atar & The Funkadrome, Banda Black Rio etc etc.

And every week I present my own soul/funk show called Grooveline (details in the sig) where I spin tracks from "This Journey In" almost weekly!

I've had Frank McComb on the show, and will have someone from Incognito and EWF in the coming weeks. Really hoping to have someone from the Rebirth on sometime in the future. And cannot wait to see the band live again sometime in the New Year.

Anyway - great to see there is now a forum for The Rebirth. I'll give this a plug on my show next week. Good work, Jeremy ;-)

Take care,

Stephen H
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grooveline.blogspot.com
Jérémy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Sun 27 Nov à 11:30

Hey Stephen !

I went to your blog, it's a very good database of good vibrations !!! Keep going like that mate ! I hope to get the opportunity to see one of your shows one day...

Here is my personnal radio website : www.smoothetfunky.com... It's in French but hopefully, the music can be listenned by everyone !

Hope to see you soon on this forum,
Jeremy

Natacha

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Wed 28 Dec à 8:38

Hi,

I'm Natacha, 15 and French.

I discovered The Rebirth thanks to Jeremy. I really want to see them in Paris !!! cheers

I also like Jamiroquai, Morcheeba, Basement Jaxx, A Tribe Called Quest and funk/jazz/soul/trip hop music. What esle ? I just start to play the guitar !

Wink Peace !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://funkygirl-life.skyblog.com
Jérémy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Thu 5 Jan à 6:01

Hey Natacha ! Nice to see you again on this forum !

So we've got a drummer, a bassist, a DJ and a guitarist... Wanna form a band ?! tongue

People ! Don't forget to introduce yourself here !

pluplume

Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Mon 8 May à 5:55

hi everybody !

at last i'm writing on this forum !

My name is Marine, i'm 22, i live in Paris, i'm studying design and architecture...and i loooove fresh and funky music like the rebirth thanks to jérémy ! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jérémy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Mon 8 May à 5:59

pluplume wrote:
hi everybody !

at last i'm writing on this forum !

Last but not least my dear !
And don't forget to spread the word ! That's the most important thing !

See ya on the forum Smile

pluplume

Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Mon 8 May à 6:25

we listen the rebirth's album when we're working at school Wink and people enjoy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinamite

Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Tinamite   Tue 9 May à 4:38

Hey everybody,

I'm 20 years old and for information, I'm the sister of a person that you all adore: Jeremy! Razz
I'm really proud of you my fella!..always high fun when we go together, listenning to music...thanks

I like many kind of music pop, funk, rock, but especially jazz and indian music.
The Rebirth is an excellent band!
And I also agree that Morcheeba is giant!!!

PS: by the way, I'm playing clarinet,..so, Jeremy,...can I join ur new band Question

C U guys

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jérémy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tinamite   Tue 9 May à 5:06

tinamite wrote:
I'm the sister of a person that you all adore: Jeremy! Razz
I'm really proud of you my fella!

errr...take it easy lol ! I don't think anybody really adores me but thanks for the compliment !

DreadlockNoMore

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Tue 30 May à 19:59

Okay......I don't know why it has taken me this long to join this message board! I've been knowin' about some Rebirth for a minute!

Anyway.......

I'm Husani......aka DreadlockNoMore, out here in Sunny California enjoying the breezes of what we have so far. I am a music NUT!! I love to show love and support for a lot of artists who believe in the REAL DEAL Soul Music. My love for music runs deep within my heart.

I'm glad The Rebirth exist. I've told them this before and I'll say it again. "They are the BEST soul group of today."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/husanibrown
Jérémy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Tue 22 Aug à 2:29

Nice to meet you Husani !
You're lucky to live there, the soul and hip hop scene is very developped and very creative. I wish I'll live in L.A. someday !

cako

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   Sun 11 Nov à 19:53

Hi,

My name is Çağın, I'm 23, living in Ankara and playing bass guitar. I like to explore all kinds of music, ethnic (arabic to latin), jazz, pop, blues, soul, rnb, gospel, etc... I was searching for new and fresh songs to my ear to add to my band's playlist. I was fooling around at myspace.com, when I discovered this amazing band. I don't get involved in forums or such things usually, but I felt that I had to join this one to tell the world, and to the members of the band that the song titled "This Journey In" hit me! I loved it, and i have to admit that I'm jealous, I should have thought of a sound as fresh as this cyclops . This is the "freshest" song I have ever heard. I can't explain what I mean by saying "fresh", but I feel it. It's fresh, cool, calm refreshing, whatever... Still, there are little things, if the vocals after 7:30 were a little lower in volume, or if the song was 6:30 then, I think that I could have loved it more. I like cold, fresh things, cold side of the pillow, ice tea (not hot). Maybe I'm saying fresh because of this reason, I'm not sure...

Just here for this post. If the members read these, my message for them is:

Keep on, get colder! I need to hear more freshness, which is rare. You have opened a lot of doors...

Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
catjazz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Why haven't they blown up around the world?   Fri 9 Jul à 11:58

Sad Smile Why haven't The Rebirth blown up. From start to finish This Journey In is incredible. Every bit as good musically as John Legend's Let's Get Lifted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself !   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself !
Page 1 of 1